FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reintroducing Early Boarding for Families with Children
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:07 pm
EnvoyBoy

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by RealFan
As a GS pax, I am worried about this change. I value the preboard option so I can get on board and get some work done. If I'm boarding along with families and their small kids, this will slow me down. I know that when they call for GS and a few us of board, it's efficient and we're already working within seconds of boarding.

Not sure this decision takes into account the needs of a business traveler. My only fix for it is to suggest that UA preboard GS much earlier (similar to AA with CK) and then ask for military and families with small children.
+1

It's one of the primary benefits of GS to board early and with ease. Now we get behind the parents with four kids and 8 bags trying to dig out the boarding passes (seemingly not realizing you need such things to get on the plane) while not being willing to set down there grande mocha latte. And then on the UX flights, we can jam up again at the bottom of the jetbridge while strollers etc are broken down and tagged for the rampers.

This is not a great start to United's return to focusing on their high value flyers.