FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:43 am
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by mpclaw
I have stayed at this hotel for over 20 years. I now prefer to spend a lot of time at the hotel in order to enjoy its vast array of amenities. You can order off any menu and be served in the lounge while enjoying jazz and free cocktails. Food is discounted 30 per cent as well. (Platinum aminity)

Quite frankly for the money in my opinion it might be one of the top hotels in the world. The manager, Richard Chapman is world class. It's not uncommon to see him bussing tables at the buffet in an effort to assist staff by setting a great example. He's one of a kind and I express my appreciation to him every time. Very few hotels experience such a high guest return rate and there's a good reason why this one does.
+1. I've been staying at the Oriental for 25 years but switched over to the SGS around 5 years ago and have not looked back. It may not be as "nostalgic" as the Mandarin Oriental but as you say, they treat me very well. I've met Richard but Peeradej, the front office manager has taken care of me every time and I have never been disappointed. I'm actually on my way back next week and can't wait.