FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HA Contemplating More East Coast Routes...
Old Jan 31, 2016, 12:36 pm
FBWFTW

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by azj
If I had to guess, the 330-800neo's could be used in 2 directions. If there is still opportunity to grow and can extend the early 330-200 leases, they'll fly them side by side deploying the -800neo's on the longest routes like PEK and maybe new ones like MEL, HKG, PVG. I'm not sure that JFK has any limitations with the current -200 being used. If demand softens or some other uncontrollable issue is at hand at that time, HA can always return the planes and take on the -800neo's in a bid to increase efficiency while maintaining capacity. The point is, that they've built in flexibility into the fleet and can take the airline in different directions at that time. It's likely too far down the road to have concrete plans.
Interesting take-thanks for the answer-looking back those leasebacks sure seem like a stroke of genius now! Dumping big capital costs while at the same time keeping flexibility to grow to new destinations and or return aircraft as needed! Still got my fingers crossed for a Boston nonstop!