FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HA Contemplating More East Coast Routes...
Old Jan 31, 2016, 12:07 pm
FBWFTW

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by azj
HA has found the key to success in JFK and seems to be happy with the performance of this route. I would guess that JFK would need to be on firm footing before HA delves into other East Coast markets.
Hit the nail on the head as usual ;-)
On my recent trip-I had some HA execs on my flight from JFK and I got a chance to speak to a few of them-they seemed at the time (right after investor day where the topic was first mentioned) to be of the mind that:
A. JFK has been a pretty successful flight for the company in terms of being able to reach the east coast and keep the numbers in the right spot-and
B: they are definitely planning on looking at other potential East Coast destinations further down the line when the new Airbus orders (A321Neo and later A330-800Neo) begin to be delivered.

On a side note-I've been wondering since this thread started which routes HA might use the A330-800's on. For instance-will they use them on the longest routes for the fuel like JFK/PEK? Or will they be returning some of the older leased A332's as the A338's come in?