FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:09 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Superorb
Thanks. Why am I good to go? I'd like to update the wiki so it's easier to understand and less confusing.
Please explain what you found confusing in wiki regarding your situation. I don't think any of us understood that from your previous post.

All you said was that the wiki was confusing, and then said you had a series of cards all converted from W->WE. I don't get it, sorry.

The wiki says;
Important exception: If you receive a Platinum World MC or a Gold World MC which is later converted to a World Elite MC, neither the opening of that card nor subsequently closing it will count for purposes of the 18-month rule.
If all your cards were converted to WE, then you have no card for which the open or close counts as being in the last 18 months, so you're good to go. Where's the confusion?

It has to be a process of elimination, because no everyone is in the same situation as you. If you had a single card which had not been converted to WE, the answer would be completely different, but the wiki already explains that (by saying that W->WE is an exception to the 18 months since last open or closer rule).

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 29, 2016 at 11:15 am