FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airberlin Downgraded from Business to Economy
Old Jan 29, 2016, 5:21 am
ortho88

Originally Posted by TheFlyingDutch
Tough luck.

Did you say anything about DOT or EC261/2004?

Also did you ask if your expenses would be covered?
This is the letter that I sent

Dear Air Berlin,

I have received your email inquiry on #### about my flight booking ##### for #### in regards to the booking.

I purchased and arranged my travel since #####, the day I purchased and re-scheduled other flights and hotel arrangements that I made prior to purchasing Air Berlin tickets. This change will cause me tremendous stress and various changes with my scheduling and our travel plans for our summer one month travel, this includes hotels arrangements, car rentals, and others that has been pre-arranged.

I would like to continue the journey with the flight arrangement that was purchased on Dec. 25, 2015 in the business class compartment. It is unfair and deceptive practice to change my bookings when a purchase has been made, paid in full, and has been in place since the last month.

If the accommodation is not possible, then I hereby claim compensation in accordance to DOT 14 USC 399.88 and Article 10 (c) EU261/2004 for my seats that has been downgraded to the economy class.

In accordance to rulings on the downgraded flights, I am writing you to request that you pay the stated amount on the rulings for each passenger under the Article 10c EU261/2004 and DOT14 USC399.88, back to the original form of payment, but not later than 2 weeks from the date of this later.

If I do not receive a response from you within the aforementioned deadline, I will seek immediate legal assistance.

With best regards,