FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Manually book alternate routings? (INTL Codeshares and Interline questions)
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:08 pm
JORBUST
formerly Mdanner423

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Manually book alternate routings? (INTL Codeshares and Interline questions)

My first question has to do with Delta codeshares on China Airlines. We often fly to Taipei but sometimes would like to go another routing besides Nashville-Atlanta-Tokyo-Taipei all on Delta.

Delta codeshares with China Airlines on LAX-TPE but this doesn't seem to be bookable unless you are booking it as a nonstop. Even with good connection times I can't get Delta, Orbitz, Expedia, etc. to offer BNA-ATL-LAX-TPE even if I try to multi city book it.

Are codeshares sometimes limited on the routing?

My second question has to do with what interline ticketing really is and how you do it. Does this require a travel agent? For example if I wanted to book BNA-ATL-LAX on Delta and LAX-TPE on EVA, how or is this book able? I can't get any online booking agent to show this as an option, but the airlines claim to interline with each other. If this is possible with a travel agent, anyone have any suggestions?

In my fantasy world I would love to be able to book any Sky Team flight (Talking about China Airlines not EVA) on the same ticket.

Obviously these concerns are about baggage transfers and protecting in case of delayed/cancelled flights.