FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rules on when BA code shares are permitted on xONExs
Old Jan 22, 2016, 10:08 am
JAXBA

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by checkerboard
So as long as the chain of online code-shares is unbroken, conceivably (though very difficult in practice), could one daisy-chain together a RTW that used exclusively AA flights and AA codeshares for (nearly) the entire route.
Possibly, although whether stopovers are permitted depends on the codeshare agreement. Typically, BA codes on flights operated by AA or QF don't have to be connecting - you can have your intl BA flight into the AA/QF gateway, stop, then take a BA coded flight on AA/QF to a domestic point. So yes, if a BA coded 'daisy-chain' is possible, you could probably make it work.

OTOH, AA codes operated by BA usually have to connect to the intl AA flight. Which means no stopovers. Which would mean no min stay when needed for a RTW fare.

I don't know why AA doesn't tend to allow stops but BA codes do, but IME that's what I've seen.

(I like your use of 'daisy-chain' - best I could think of was 'thread')