FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Middle seat diaper change
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2003, 11:42 pm
DaDOKin DC

Programs: UA, AA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by erik123:
I hate it when small kids are in the same plane with me on a long-haul flight - especially if they are my own! It's hard to imagine anything more stressful than travelling with your toddlers and a bunch of angry pax.</font>
I have the utmost sympathy for parents travelling with babies or small children -- they really are not 'built' for long rides in confined areas. Putting aside the diaper issue for a moment, I think most passengers are understanding of a crying infant, as there is not much you can to about that.

But many (including me) do draw the line at older children who are misbehaving (you know -- kicking of the seat, flipping the tray up and down 100x, screaming at the top of their lungs because you took a crayon out of their hand) and the parents have not exerted any control over them.

As an aside, -- and very much on point --

I just took took Amtrak from DC to PHL today and was treated with a diaper change a few seats away. The stench filled the car and hung there until I got off the train. Nothing like sitting in what smelled like a back up septic tank for 2 1/2 hours.

------------------
Da DOK