FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card(2016 onwards)
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:54 pm
Clueless12

Originally Posted by iahphx
This has got to be a first . . .

My wife and I successfully applied for Go cards, funding them online with $100 from our Buxx accounts.

We just got the cards in the mail. I went to activate them. When I log in to activate, it says that our accounts have already been closed! I checked our Buxx accounts, and at least they've refunded our $100 deposits. I must be the first person to ever get his account closed before he even used it.

BTW, I tried to call them to ask about this, and the phone tree just shuts me down, saying my account is closed, don't try to open a new greendot account, and "goodbye." Is there a way to reach a human being in this situation. I kind of feel they owe me an explanation, and perhaps a chance to reconsider.
BTDT. Also has happened to other people. I emailed them, received a pleasant response to call, tried calling, couldn't get through to CSR, emailed again, stated they would call me and asked what time was good, emailed back, no returned phone call, gave up.