FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "hidden" BAEC Gold benefits on Qatar, Qantas, Cathay etc.?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:53 pm
nigelw

"hidden" BAEC Gold benefits on Qatar, Qantas, Cathay etc.?

Doesn't anyone know of a place where the hidden benefits that one gets from being a BA gold or above but travelling on other oneworld airlines are listed? I don't mean the main listed ones, like lounge access, first class check-in, I mean the unlisted or less publicised ones, like access to front row seating, or linking of PNRs

Ones I am particularly interested in for some upcoming trips are

1) How does front row seating work for BA gold or above on Qatar, Finnair, and Malaysian
2) How does online check in work, is it like BA where if you aren't happy with your seat and don't print your boarding pass you can move around the cabin to your hearts content until your desired seat becomes available or T-1 passes. If not what tricks does one have to resort to in order to get the seat you want?
3) How does priority security/priority boarding work. On BA as gold or above you can pretty much use any security and board any time you like, with as many people in tow as are in your party, is this the same on these airlines?

As I say I'm particularly interested in the above for Qatar, Finnair, and Malaysian for some upcoming trips, but that got me thinking that this is part of a bigger question of recognition of BAEC across all of Oneworld.