FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA automatically checking you in and emailing boarding pass
Old Jan 19, 2016, 5:26 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sammyg901
Seems a bit odd to me, surely all these people need offloading if they no show? You'd think for flight management / clearing standby etc it'd be better to have a more accurate prediction of likely no shows. Also if you didn't have Internet access to check in you probably don't have anyway to print a boarding pass 6 hrs prior....
Depends on the location. At AMS and LCY I can't see them waiting one minute longer for anyone. At T5 and T3 they will know if you have gone through Conformance / Positive Boarding, you won't even be on the list until you do that. FLY locations, mmm, that would be interesting! (Though I think it's the baggage issue that is proving challenging, rather than the total no-shows).