FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 17, 2016, 1:19 pm
JIMCHI

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
according to many previous posters in this thread, can i assume that club lounge here is nothing comparable to club lounges in Asian properties? (ex. No free alcoholic drinks, poor breakfast, poor evening offering, service also not that good, fully packed most of the time, etc.)

IMHO, it means that no club lounge available at this hotel.

Can i have breakfast at downstair restaurant instead as a diamond? will they allow me to do so when the club lounge is fully packed?

(I was booked into an Executive suite using DSU for a 4-night stay in late march. My rate is 192 USD plus taxes per night)

p.s. sorry for my poor english.
The Clubs in the U.S. are quite different from those in the rest of the world. They are usually smaller, do not offer free alcohol and mostly offer minimal food. There are exceptions and in the San Francisco area the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Embarcadero and the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport have evening choices which could constitute a dinner.

It is not usual practice to offer breakfast to Diamonds in the restaurant when the Club is full. It would be an exception and you would have to ask at the time. I've noticed the Club at this hotel is less crowded in the morning than in the evening.

There is really no service in the U.S. clubs. David, the Club host at this hotel, is very friendly but everything is self serve.