FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Houston Galleria REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:50 pm
Justup2002

I had an Award night which I needed to use by the end of January from my Hyatt Visa which was a great excuse to take my wife on a trip to Houston and stay at the new Hyatt Regency Houston Galleria! When I arrived I was greeted at the front by the valet who informed me that the valet was the only parking option. While this was a little disappointing as I usually prefer to self-park because I personally find it more convenient, that was the only time I was even close to disappointed the entire stay. The hotel itself was absolutely gorgeous and had a very modern look (as would be expected from a hotel that just opened 4 months ago).

Once inside we were immediately greeted again by the women at the front desk who was very happy to help us check in. I gave her my name and she was able to immediately find my reservation and she thanked me for being a Diamond member with Hyatt. Even though I did not redeem a DSU (as this was an award night) we were informed that we had been upgraded to the Regency Suite! The women who checked us in gave us the run-down of the hotel, told us where the Regency Club was, hotel restaurant, etc. What I did not expect was that instead of telling us where the elevator was she walked us to the elevator, hailed us an elevator and even push the button for our floor before telling us to enjoy our stay!

We dropped our bags off in the room and we in awe of the absolutely gorgeous suite we were upgraded to. It had floor to ceiling windows with an excellent view of the Galleria. There was no desk however there was a very large living area with an L-shaped couch and table which enough seating around to entertain about 8 extra guests. There were 60” flat screen TVs in both the Bedroom and the living area, probably the biggest TV I’ve seen in a hotel. The bedroom has very nice as well and even had an iPhone dock with a lightning port which I thought was great. The bathroom was probably the best part of the room. It had a huge glass encased shower stall with more than enough room for me and my wife to shower. The toilet was in a separate closet sized room in the bathroom for additional privacy (as there was no door between the bedroom and the shower). We were both very pleased with the room which we both liked a lot more than the suites at the Hyatt Regency Houston Downtown.

After exploring our room, we headed up to the Regency Club for some evening hor d'oeuvres. We arrived just as they were about to clean up but the attendant was more than accommodating. He offered us both a complimentary class of wine or a beer. The hor d’oeuvres change every evening and they were very enjoyable.

Once we finished our wine at the Club we went down to the lobby Restaurant, which was actually three establishments in one. There was the Urban Star Restaurant, Market, and Bar. They each have a different menu but guests are more than welcome to order from each menu regardless of where they sit. We choose to order off of the market menu and then sit in the dining area of the restaurant where our food was served to use when it was ready.

Breakfast at the Regency Club was up to par with the rest of our stay. They had hot eggs, oatmeal, and a selection of fruits, meats, and yogurt that changed each day. Probably one of the best lounge breakfasts I’ve had at a hotel.

Overall we were very impressed with our stay at the Hyatt Regency Houston Galleria. The accommodations were fantastic, the food was excellent and the staff went out of their way to make the guests feel welcome. In fact, I can’t recall a single time I walked past an employee of the hotel without them asking our by stay was and wishing us a good day or evening. We will certainly be returning on our next trip to Houston.