FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Golden tickets - not just for frontline staff
Old Jan 15, 2016, 3:42 am
OttoMH

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I recieved one today, I am only doing my job, WHY, I am not interested, please give them to someone who is grateful.
I know that for you, CIHY, service is just part of the job, though I'd be interested to know what you think would be a meaningful way to show my appreciation for great service, when experienced on-board?

I flew from SVG a few months ago and the purser (or CSM/D/L/?? etc) was absolutely superb in all aspects. I was travelling in the back with Mrs. OttoMH and she kept popping by every time she passed through steerage. I didn't have my golden ticket with me but if I did, I would've wanted to give it as a token of my appreciation of how good the service was.

I thanked her on leaving the plane, but somehow it didn't feel quite enough, because the level of service was probably the best I have experienced on BA. Such levels of performance should be recognised and duly appreciated. How can I do that in a genuinely meaningful way, if not with a ticket?