Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Golden tickets - not just for frontline staff

Old Jan 14, 16, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver

I know there has been previous threads about golden tickets but this is a little bit different.

Just before Christmas, I sent in my first golden ticket to a manager in Waterside in relation to an onboard offering that had improved in a major way since I've first flew long haul with BA in 2003.

I'm not going to go into too much details, but suffice to say that I received an acknowledgement that the manager received the golden ticket today and as it was a rare occurrence in that part of BA's business, it was a kind of a big deal to his division.
Old Jan 14, 16, 5:56 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's a good point isn't it: though the front line staff and even the call centre staff get these Golden Tickets (one lounge agent I know has had a very substantial number of them. I've received one too!) - yet there are a lot of people who help to get us flying who are somewhat in the background. It is easy to cynical about this, but it is probably worth thinking out of the box occasionally.
Old Jan 14, 16, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
I've received one too!
! Story??

I have to say I am quite tempted to give one to the people on the phone who arrange things that other people on the phone say are impossible.
Old Jan 14, 16, 8:38 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
The Golden Ticket scheme was actually designed specifically to recognise customer facing staff. By that not just those that are physically facing the customer in person (like cabin crew, pilots or customer service agents) but also people in the call centres or in the social media team. It is literally the only type of recognition that we receive (other than when customers take the time to write in via BA.com/thank you), although at least within the Cabin Crew community this recognition is purely the interaction between the customer and the crew member as there is no incentive to receiving one.

Colleagues in Waterside get recognition when their projects are successful and customer voice scores or likeliness to recommend BA scores in their project areas are high, and this is reflected in their end of year bonus and incremental pay rise. I'm sure it was a nice surprise for this colleague though, well done to them.
Old Jan 14, 16, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I recieved one today, I am only doing my job, WHY, I am not interested, please give them to someone who is grateful.
Old Jan 15, 16, 1:56 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
I recieved one today, I am only doing my job, WHY, I am not interested, please give them to someone who is grateful.
And how, exactly, is that customer (who is grateful) supposed to know that?

Stez, I love your creative use of the golden ticket.
86BA7 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 16, 3:16 am

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
How do I avoid "wasting" one please?

However, I do agree with you that these type of incentives for staff aren't my cup of tea either. It's a pretty random feedback loop.
Old Jan 15, 16, 3:20 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Perhaps put that on a badge?
Old Jan 15, 16, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great idea. @:-)
Old Jan 15, 16, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Not that I have a golden ticket to give away, but I tend to send 'attaboys' via Twitter.
Is this for naught?
Is the website (www.britishairways.com/thankyou/) the only way in which positive feedback is formally considered?
Old Jan 15, 16, 4:42 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
I know that for you, CIHY, service is just part of the job, though I'd be interested to know what you think would be a meaningful way to show my appreciation for great service, when experienced on-board?

I flew from SVG a few months ago and the purser (or CSM/D/L/?? etc) was absolutely superb in all aspects. I was travelling in the back with Mrs. OttoMH and she kept popping by every time she passed through steerage. I didn't have my golden ticket with me but if I did, I would've wanted to give it as a token of my appreciation of how good the service was.

I thanked her on leaving the plane, but somehow it didn't feel quite enough, because the level of service was probably the best I have experienced on BA. Such levels of performance should be recognised and duly appreciated. How can I do that in a genuinely meaningful way, if not with a ticket?
Old Jan 15, 16, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
I wonder if those BAEC Golds who say they ''avoid flying BA'' give theirs out to CX/QR/AA/U2 staff?
Old Jan 15, 16, 6:53 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire Ambassador
I am aware that, for whatever reason, some BA cabin crew don't want to receive Golden Tickets or "Well Dones".

I've therefore always discreetly asked before submitting, and on every occasion the people concerned have been genuinely pleased and grateful - more for the fact that customers appreciated what they did than the recognition itself, I think.

Of course, it's entirely CIHY's prerogative to decline the offer, but my experience suggests that isn't the norm.
Old Jan 15, 16, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would suggest you to thank them face to face, tell them what they are doing right/different that makes you feel this way, I like to be thanked but find the whole idea of the Golden Ticket meaningless where as a genuine thank you will make my day.
Old Jan 15, 16, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Bronze (OWR)
Do Golden Tickets have any effect on staff performance reviews, etc?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: