FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do I get seat assignment on an Air Canada Flight booked with United?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 5:32 pm
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Are you saying AC was able to process a purchase of a preferred seat on a 016 ticket? Interesting. I've been meaning to post about AC seat selection on Tango.

Have an 016 transborder ticket for the end of Jan, with one leg on AC (YYZ - EWR). Fare is K and is a Tango, which I am fine with. Called AC to see about purchasing seat assignments.

Would be great to hear of anyone was told something similar to me. Was told:

- On a 016 ticket, I can buy regular seats in advance, but not preferred seats.
- When I asked if I could purchase preferred seats at check in, she said she thought so if available, but wasn't sure.
- When I asked if I bought regular seats in advance, and wanted to purchase preferred seats at check in, would the fee reflect the $ I already paid for regular seats, she said she was pretty sure no, and,
- when I asked if I was entitled to a refund for the regular seat selection if I did the above, she thought no, or would be difficult at best.

Does this all seem accurate, or should I try again?
you want to pay for a seat YYZ-EWR? Less than an hour in the air? I guess you can and AC is generally able to sell their products on UA tickets. I have SDCed for CAD75 on 016 tickets w/AC and things credited just fine incl. PQD and other things. So yes, AC somehow has a way to do this. Whether they will use 1 payment and apply it when you upfare to the next seat group? Not sure about that.