FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst
Old Jan 13, 2016, 6:59 pm
CruiserCLE

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
TPA-ORD this week, 11am departure: Salmon salad or Chicken bowl with rice and beans. Had the salmon salad. I was skeptical but the salmon was decent with flavor and the salad actually had a nice assortment of premium greens (and no iceberg!!). My only gripe was the insane amount of onions on the salad, but otherwise it was great.

Oddly though, we were served a bowl of fruit instead of soup. Did something change with one of the waves of enhancements where there is no longer soup with a lunch salad?

IAD-TPA yesterday, 10pm departure: drinks and snack basket. I've said it before but I wish they would cater the snack plate again for these 2:20 flights that are later in the evening. The way the Dulles late bank is timed, I am often leaving my destination (CLE, CMH, CLT, BOS) at ~7pm (coming right from work), getting on leg 1, a short connection in IAD (and if I get stuck landing in A - no time to stop in the club), and then right onto the IAD-TPA leg, with a gourmet dinner of popcorn and almonds from the basket...