FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)
Old Jan 13, 2016, 1:59 pm
akcae

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by Pochama
Looking to go JFK-NRT-JFK in JAL business or first. I looked up award availability on BA.com for my dates and there is no availability.

My plan is to book a business award JFK-DFW-NRT-DFW-JFK at the current 50k one way price. If I happen to find availability on the direct JFK-NRT-JFK legs, will I be able to change my award without penalty/cost? What if I did LGA-DFW-NRT-DFW-LGA? And if it happens to be first class availability that opens up after March 21st, will I pay the 62.5K price or the 80K price?
You can change the routing later to the direct JFK-NRT flight, and as long as there's sAAver availability, you should not be charged a fee (and should be able to keep the pre-March 22 award pricing). If you want to move up from J to F, you will pay the difference in miles from J to F, and you will be subject to the award pricing at the time you make the change (so you'll have to pay up to the new F price if done March 22 onward).

Changing the origin airport will require redeposit/reissue of the ticket, which will incur a fee and be subject to new award pricing if you do it after March 22.