FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Summary of North America Executive class meal service
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:17 pm
Medhatter

Programs: 35 K
I really do not understand why they can not let you know what the meal on your flight is going to be. Does the kitchen just arrive in the morning and deals with what is in the fridge? I have traveled on KLM and they let you purchase the meal you would like ahead of time.
I was on United at Xmas YYC to IAH in paid business class and when breakfast was offered it was French Toast (which I have never liked) or Spinach Quiche (and I have never liked Spinach) so it was 4 hours with nothing to eat.
Today on AC210 the light lunch was cold salmon with some sort of Potato salad which again I do not like cold fish but no other option. By the way of the 6 people in Business 3 (including me) sent back the dish without touching it.
The problem is when you go to a gourmet menu it may have tastes that some do not like which is why there should be a slightly blander option for those without a educated palate. It does bother me when I pay for business class I expect to be treated better than if I am in Y but all it means is I get a bigger seat.