FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rate has decreased after booking prepaid rate...
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:48 pm
mikew99

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Delectatio
I have sent an email to the BRG team asking if they can adjust the rate...
I have indeed agreed on the higher rate at the time of booking (and I still think it was already a good rate). Planning on adding another night to the stay which I can book at the -now- lower rate.
I guess sometimes you win...sometimes you lose... It made me think twice about booking prepaid rates though...
I have a personal rule that I never book prepaid/non-cancellable rates until I'm within one month of my stay. It's not a perfect strategy -- there's always the possibility that rates might go lower at the last minute or I might wish I could make changes -- but it's where I decided to draw the line for booking prepaid rates.

You've got the right attitude, though: No need to avoid them entirely, but you're right to think twice before booking them. There's no harm in trying the BRG, but I agree with jerry that your best chance might be calling the hotel, especially if they know that you want to extend your stay.