FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who here Travels with both a Laptop and a Tablet ?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:34 am
Badenoch
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by AltaBound
I am a middle-aged codger so I live in both the digital and analoque world. When my work Lenovo gives up the ghost I will be looking quite seriously at the Surface Pro 4 (or its equivalent) or the Lenovo carbon x series.
Thanks for your comments. I'm running a 4 year old Sony Vaio that is a little larger and heavier than your Lenovo but in the same ball park. I'm also in the codger zone and have this quaint belief that the technology is there to serve me and not the other way around. I'm prepared to adapt to the technology but only if there is a distinct benefit over what I already have. I don't quite see it in the Surface Pro for business purposes although the reduced weight and fast boot up are appealing.

Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
3. Chrome is a problem on the Surface. It is well documented and hopefully Google fixes it;

5. The absence of a full size USB and the inability of most apps to print to standard printers is an issue for me.
Thanks. Those are deal breakers for me particularly the absence of a full-sized USB.

Nothing against Mac but the places I sometimes go require PC for compatibility.

The Surface Pro sounds like a good option for non-business travel where the demands are not as great but the price is such I can get good tablet options that I will do what I need on a pleasure trip for a fraction of the cost.

Last edited by Badenoch; Jan 11, 2016 at 9:42 am