FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH Fares earning post March 2015 - some fares 75/50/0% - post March 2018 now 100% PQM
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:28 am
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Tommys888
Have a quick question on this: I recently notice that when I try to book flights directly on LH or on expedia etc., a lot of fare classes are K classes and based on UA earning charts, those flights do not accrue mileage with UA. However, one of my recent experiences (dec 2015) was that I purchased return flights MUC-FRA-RIX all on K, and then when I actually flew, fare classes suddenly became V and Q (MUC-FRA-RIX on V and RIX-FRA-MUC on Q) and both flights actually accrued mileage (both earned miles and elite qualifying miles) with UA. Any ideas how this could be possible?

Now I am looking to book flights MUC-FRA (4/28), FRA-ICN (4/29), PVG-MUC (5/8) and when I search on LH or expedia, both sources show that all fare classes with LH are K classes. Should I go ahead making the booking and hope all flights will accrue mileage with UA?
K-class on LH does not earn any UA miles. Fly LX if you want to protect your earnings.

Keep in mind, if you're shooting for UA status, you need at least 4 UA-metal segments.