FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH Fares earning post March 2015 - some fares 75/50/0% - post March 2018 now 100% PQM
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:11 am
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Tommys888
Have a quick question on this: I recently notice that when I try to book flights directly on LH or on expedia etc., a lot of fare classes are K classes and based on UA earning charts, those flights do not accrue mileage with UA. However, one of my recent experiences (dec 2015) was that I purchased return flights MUC-FRA-RIX all on K, and then when I actually flew, fare classes suddenly became V and Q (MUC-FRA-RIX on V and RIX-FRA-MUC on Q) and both flights actually accrued mileage (both earned miles and elite qualifying miles) with UA. Any ideas how this could be possible?

Now I am looking to book flights MUC-FRA (4/28), FRA-ICN (4/29), PVG-MUC (5/8) and when I search on LH or expedia, both sources show that all fare classes with LH are K classes. Should I go ahead making the booking and hope all flights will accrue mileage with UA?
Not sure what happened there with the original K-class ticket, but these DO NOT earn any miles! You got really lucky, perhaps in a re-booking someone forgot to re-adjust the booking classes.
If you book K-class on LH you should expect zero miles.