FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tukwila Amtrak Station to SeaTac Airport
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:39 pm
xxwerftxx

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage, and HHonors
Originally Posted by Kieron
I don't even think it's an issue of getting off Amtrak in Seattle instead of Tukwila - the 2:24 PM arrival into Tukwila starts from Seattle-King Street, it is not a continuation of any cross-country route. Don't even bother boarding that train in the first place. The station in Tukwila is just a platform and a parking lot in the middle of nowhere.

You can technically make it from Tukwila Amtrak to the airport with local buses (line F west to Tukwila International Boulevard Station - not the same as Tukwila (Amtrak) Station - then line A south to 176th St.), but it will be far less hassle and almost certainly faster to just take the one-seat ride on the light rail from International District Station, one block east of Seattle/King Street, to the airport. 31 minutes travel time and $3.00 fare.
Thank you all for the info. I think i will just book it to King Street Station. Does the Empire Builder and Capitol Limited Service to tend to run on time? Now the route since going into King Street Station is Newark Airport(EWR)- Washington - Chicago - Seattle

Last edited by xxwerftxx; Jan 8, 2016 at 8:52 pm