FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:37 am
jamienbaker

Originally Posted by JonNYC
I don't *quite* share your previously stated outlook on such matters-- very respectfully-- so, in a way yes, but, again, I don't have the same life-view on these things as what you've expressed recently on these matters.

I'm very into helping members get best use of their hard-earned AAdv miles, as my posts over the last decade or so surely demonstrate.
I totally get your point. It is tough deciding where to draw the line. I, too, enjoy helping people, whereas my wife thinks I'm nuts as it is her view that future awards that we need will go to someone I helped educate.

Last August, I single-handedly battled with another FTer that I KNEW was aiming to score a HKGJFK F seat on the same flight. I say "battled" in that we were both hunched over our devices simultaneously for days, albeit in Bali for me and I believe the Maldives for him. Alas, I snagged the seat while in HKG on the day of, and was completing the transaction as he was on hold with AA trying to do the same. (We have since become social with one another).

Did my posts here contribute to his knowledge? Probably not. We'll never know. But I relive the experience practically every time I hit "post" on FT.

As an aside, there's been no sweeter walk of glory EVER than passing my nemesis in 11K while on my way to 1D. I will say he was a gentleman through and through, and let his wife sit up in F while he sat across from my kids in J. My caviar has never tasted better.

Jamie