FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:24 am
progapanda

Programs: Kettle Class
I think agents not seeing availability in CX J\F is more a training issue than anything else on the USA desk. I had to HUACA 2x today to upgrade a previously ticketed award to F. First agent could not find the flights I saw available on BA.com. Second agent said I would owe a 150$ change fee to upgrade the award and (!!) another $150 to change my arrival airport to JFK from LGA (was previously on HKG-DFW-LGA). I knew I owed $150 for the change in arrival airport, but charging the redposit fee twice made no sense. I said no thanks and hoped no notes were made on the PNR about my attempts to change the ticket, and tried a third time to get everything ticketed properly on the flights I wanted. So it doesn't seem to be about the USA agents being unable to see partner space.

I don't know if it is the LUS agents that are not where they need to be training wise, but it (compared to AS for instance) has gotten a lot more difficult to get CX partner awards ticketed properly the first time.

Originally Posted by 110pgl
Did you call AA Australia?