FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions 2016
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:16 am
kirkwoodj

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I recevied a bottle of wine today from United thanking me for flying a lot with them in 2015. Not sure if this is a GS benefits, but want to post here to see if others have reveived the wine.

It is 2012 Beringer Vineyards Nappa Valley 'Private Reserve' Cabernet Sauvignon. Listed for $390 but solde through the Vinyard Website for $165.

Regarding some have observed that UA may have lowered GS qualfication threshold for 2016 based on the number of low spent (as listed in other thread), I am giving UA the benefit of doubt. I actually think premium cabin paying passengers are decreasing. I have flown United for over 20 years as a premium cabin flyer. The P and Z fares of 2015 on transpac routes are almost identical to the C/D fares I paid back in 1995. There were no P/Z fare back in 1995 and I understand there are differences between C/D and P/Z, but it seems market demand has created heavily discounted business fare categories. There were plenty of P/Z fares throughout of 2015.

A passenger spending $40K could mean ten transpac roundtrips in P or Z pending on routings and dates of the flights. 10 transpac flights in business for GS qualification is not really lowering the bar, IMHO.
Thanks for at least telling us what you got, as opposed to another on 2015 thread a couple weeks ago.