FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Help! I have a connection in Japan!" Master Thread
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:38 am
Sam Bee

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You will clear Immigration in NRT. There used to be special counters to check in for international connections, but with the special security measures around Narita removed, I don't know if that is still in place.
6:32 is more than plenty of time in advance.
Thanks. Does Narita have immigration in transit - I presume I wouldn't have to go out through a Domestic Terminal then back in Internationally?

Being a Londoner, I have to ask this question, despite being able to second guess the answer - would that train be reliable?! Arriving at 6:32, I may not make check-in until 07:00 (presuming BA issues with online check-in for codeshare flights) - 80 minutes would be fine for this process?

Appreciate your help ^ I'm a very experienced flyer in Asia, but things vary so much by countries it's worth checking. Worse case scenario is I could get a cab from the hotel to the airport - but i'm staying at a hotel connected to the train station, so getting a train to the airport makes a lot of sense!