FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions 2016
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:48 pm
UA_Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I recevied a bottle of wine today from United thanking me for flying a lot with them in 2015. Not sure if this is a GS benefits, but want to post here to see if others have reveived the wine.

It is 2012 Beringer Vineyards Nappa Valley 'Private Reserve' Cabernet Sauvignon. Listed for $390 but solde through the Vinyard Website for $165.

Regarding some have observed that UA may have lowered GS qualfication threshold for 2016 based on the number of low spent (as listed in other thread), I am giving UA the benefit of doubt. I actually think premium cabin paying passengers are decreasing. I have flown United for over 20 years as a premium cabin flyer. The P and Z fares of 2015 on transpac routes are almost identical to the C/D fares I paid back in 1995. There were no P/Z fare back in 1995 and I understand there are differences between C/D and P/Z, but it seems market demand has created heavily discounted business fare categories. There were plenty of P/Z fares throughout of 2015.

A passenger spending $40K could mean ten transpac roundtrips in P or Z pending on routings and dates of the flights. 10 transpac flights in business for GS qualification is not really lowering the bar, IMHO.