FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Combined AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:16 pm
kmersh

Flying CLT to SJU later this month and noticed that the return meal is the Filet and Mac'N'Cheese or some Pasta which is fine, but a change from recent memory where the catering ex-SJU and other Caribbean destinations was a little different than the usual.

Usually the catering ex-SJU was a little better and certainly different, I think last time I had a grilled chicken breast in a Caribbean Style Curry Sauce (in a ramekin) with some grilled veggies and if memory serves there was a Citrus Shrimp App.

Is AA now down-line catering meals or have they standardized the meal choices (at least from SJU) in the Caribbean to match the domestic offerings?

I realize this is trivial and maybe hard to answer just found the change to be interesting.

Originally Posted by cmd320
This is a recurring issue with this dish. They should just use the polenta cake that comes with the lentil chili on this dish as well. That's actually decently palatable and would be pretty easy to add.
Yeah the Polenta with the Shrimp is not the greatest and the Polenta with the Lentil Chili is alright if not good, but I imagine that the Polenta cake probably costs more and would throw the economics of the Shrimp and Polenta dish off.