FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DXB design madness
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:40 am
aceboy44

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Ahmed777
I thought you were back to EK again
Originally Posted by Uzair
You said you were back to EK and were praising them not too long ago.
Yes! I was indeed back to EK prior to my knowledge of increasing their fares. Last year I flew to KUL for approximately 135KD ^ Looking at the same route again, last week it was 220KD (almost double the price of last year,) and next week it is 188KD Why the sudden increase in prices over a short period of time? An incrase by 10 - 20% is understandble but 80 - 90%? That's too much! Anyways still I intend to fly EK until my silver membership expires (which should be pretty soon.)

Before some folks criticize me for posting the prices in KD, 1 KD is approximately $3.3 USD.

Originally Posted by Emirates202
And tell me, are the number of people that pass through the airports you listed anywhere near the number of pax that pass through DXB?
I have transited in Doha twice, and having explored the whole huge terminal, at least I don't have to take a train to transfer between terminals, so the transit experience in Doha is much smoother, however, I just dislike QR (and why would I love them since I didn't get my silver tier? )

I have also experienced Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur airports, and despite those two airports being huge, I'd still prefer to use them over Dubai airport since they are less crowded and the natural atmosphere or environment is more beautiful there.

Oh and regarding trains in HKG and KUL, at least the gates there don't close 20 minutes prior to departure based on my personal experience with them, so I don't feel the need of a rush/jogging ^

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Is this a joke?

Transferring between the North and South Terminal at JED requires a 21Km drive.
Why would passengers transit in Jeddah rather than Riyad if they are flying Saudi Arabia Airlines?