FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TG472 (dep2200 arr0325+1) SYD-BKK F class review and thoughts
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:10 am
Thai-Kiwi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by mediator
Hi all, I took the TG472 in F last week and I sough to write a brief review about this flight. .... Around 5am I left the lounge for the F lounge in D gates. Note there is a long walk between D and E as you are pretty much travels from one-end of the airport to the other end. I spent the rest of my connection in F lounge.
Nice update, thanks.

In my experience, concourse E-D isn't too much of a walk - perhaps 1/2 the worst possible distance depending on where in each concourse you depart/arrive at.

Way worse is the end of C to the end of E or G (F/B are slightly shorter).

For the extremely bored FTer, the lengths of each concourse from 'tip' to 'intersection' (or intersection-intersection for D) is as follows:

B/F ~ 285m
A/C/E/G ~ 475m
D ~ 815m

So, arriving on TG on, say the tip of C, and walking to the end of E or G would be 1,765m - say 21 mins at 5 kph, more if meandering or dodging other travelers. There are longer walks possible at other airports.....

Fortunately, I'm back at work tomorrow and will have less idle time for such nonsense....