FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TIP: More hidden features of ITA
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:41 am
zitozac

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Calchas
You can use multicity if you like. The pricing engine will find the best way to price it, using a round trip pricing unit comprising two mirror-image fare components but with stopovers, or as a multi component circle trip comprising numerous fare components, or with end-on-end components, or even multiple pricing units, whatever works out cheapest (and the fare rules mutually allow). The way you input your itinerary does not really seem to affect the method the Matrix uses to compute the price.

If you let us know more about your itinerary maybe someone here can have a go at setting it up.
Thanks. Playing around with multi-city is showing results. I was just hoping to be able to do it with a broader calendar search as I could go whenever. The itinerary would be DTW- CDG/AMS/FCO (full day layover)-SVO- CDG/AMS/FCO (full day layover)-ATL-DTW. Obviously either of CDG/AMS/FCO are the connection points in Europe since it is a Skyteam itinerary, and I will be getting off at ATL and throwing away the final leg to DTW. At one point last night I was actually able to get DTW-CDG(full day layover)-AMS (12 hour layover)-SVO on the return, as the fare rules look to allow 2 connections but no stopovers.