FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Bank CC - options to Small Claims Court
Old Dec 31, 2015, 2:35 am
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by theoracle111
Appreciate any advice, even if it means I have little recourse
Although it is within your right to act as you want to, I discourage you from filing a Small Claims case.

Your case is not terminal yet. At the minimum, the bank has not denied all the miles you are entitled. You should give the benefit of the doubt to the manager for that 6-8 weeks.

It does not seem you know about airline miles per your post.

US Bank does not control, nor have the authority to control SkyPass. What US Bank has promised is the opening bonus only. US Bank has not, does not, and will not guarantee your chance of award redemption with SkyPass.

To a court of law, what matters is the value of the miles (You can try perceived value. But I don't think the court and US Bank will ever accept your perceived value as it can't be proved to be accurate). Since KE miles are not for sale publicly, US Bank will then tell the court the wholesale pricing of the miles, or the face value determined by KE.

That's why if you push this case to the Small Claims Court, your chance of losing is pretty high; or a very small judgment even you win the case.

IANAL. However, I had succeed in the past in resolving a similar dispute.