FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A330-200 / 332 [master thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:01 am
Randyk47

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by soy
Any advice on best A332 biz seats when traveling with children. (2 adults, 2 children, 5&6 yrs)

Choices seem to be;

1) 2 middle pairs with adult/child in each pair (C,F) - cannot see one another, but proximity means easier to help kid with meal, headphones, TV etc.

2) Block of 4 at same aisle (eg 4F,4H & 5F,5H) - Everyone can see everyone else (kinda), but more difficult for adult to assist kid with meal, TV etc, as are seated across the aisle.

3) Straight row across with kids in center pair (A,C,F,H) - hybrid of first 2 options

Kids are well travelled and as a night flight will mostly be sleeping, however this is first experience with reverse herringbone layout so unsure what to go for.
Personally I'd go with Option 2, then Option 3, and finally Option 1. We've had five trips to and from Europe in the last three years on pmUS/AA A330s in business. Tried middle seats the first time and communicating was a pain and I can't imagine trying to assist or help a child in the adjoining seat. I'd much rather try to reach across the aisle to help or get up to help than being in the middle. Actually the last two flights we've actually gone to two window seats (i.e., 3A & 4A) than actually trying to chat even if across aisle. East bound we have a wine or two, eat dinner, and sleep. West bound it's pretty much the same routine though we don't sleep as much but usually settle into a movie or two after lunch. Bottom line is that the business seat configuration leans way more to individual privacy than to a couple or family traveling together. In the obviously very rare case of an emergency I'd rather my wife, and in your case the whole family, be in the same aisle.

Last edited by Randyk47; Dec 24, 2015 at 11:54 am