FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:54 pm
pashber

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt, Alaska, American, United
Originally Posted by maggersmagoo
I decided I would like to apply for the Ink Plus business card, since I realized I can get 5x points for paying my cell phone and cable bill. I own a rental property, so the rent I collect is what I will use as my business income (approximately $24K). I will apply with my SSN.

I have studied this thread. I realize the Ink Plus card can be very difficult to obtain. I think I have a chance greater than zero, but I don't want to waste a credit pull for no reason.

I have opened 3 credit cards in the past 2 years, and was added as an AU on 1. I've had a Chase Freedom card for a little over 2 years. I spend on it regularly in the bonus categories. In June I got a Chase Hyatt card. In July I applied for CSP. I initially got pending, but called and was able to gain approval. I've spent (and paid off) over $50,000 on the CSP since I opened it. I have a combined total of $72K in available credit with Chase.

From what I have read in this thread, I gather these points are true:

-I should not call in to voluntarily reduce any of my credit lines. If this is an issue Chase may shuffle the money around on their own

-If I receive a pending status, I should NOT call a CSR. This will lead to an interrogation and a likely denial.

-I am under the 5/24 rule, and at any rate this rule does not apply to business accounts. Or is it that business accounts don't count toward the 5/24 rule?

Any other general tips before I apply?
I'm wondering if people are being approved for the business cards (not only for Ink) based on owning rental property. Since income/loss is reported on Sched E (and not C), do the banks consider it to qualify for a business card? I use a property manager who deducts all expenses from the rental income, so I only get a net rent check.