FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Anytime / AAnytime award / awards [master thread]
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:57 am
wetrat0

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by teammjs
Just curious if whatever rate AA sets the AAnytime level at ever goes up (or even down) once they're released.

Obviously the MileSAAver availability can be volatile and flights available for this redemption level can change over time.

But if say the AAnytime level I'm seeing to today is 20k, is there any risk in it going above that rate? If not, then obviously there is no advantage in booking these early (assuming both the flight and Main Cabin Extra still appear plenty, and not within X day fee windows for booking close to flight date) when you could gamble some seats may get moved over to a MileSAAver rate, correct?
Did anyone every find the answer to this question? I am planning to book a trip to Europe during peak season that is on one of the rare 45K AAnytime days. The only sAAver available is 30K on a terrible connection. I don't have any problem paying the 45K (in this case it's a good deal to get my preferred flight), but obviously, I would prefer to wait and see if 30K sAAver or 50K biz sAAver comes open on my preferred flight before March 26. The usual advice would be to wait to book AAnytime, but is it possible the 45K AAnytime could become a 65K AAnytime (or worse)? I have it on hold now..