FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Did You Do a Mileage Run or Mattress Run in 2015? Survey
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:50 am
Dovster
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I took the survey, answered "no" to all four questions and would have given the same answer in any other year.

While, for some reason, I do like being in airports (except for JFK's Terminal 4) I hate being on planes. No, it's not a matter of fear -- I simply get bored sitting in aluminum tubes.

As far as mattress runs are concerned, they make no sense where I live. I am an HHonors member and the only Hilton hotels in Israel are very expensive.

All of this was true during the years that status meant something -- today, with both Delta and HHonors, it is basically meaningless. In recent years all of my flights have been in Biz Elite/FC and even when I had Platinum Medallion status it gave me nothing that I don't get anyhow.

As far as HHonors is concerned, I am Gold only because of my Amex Surpass card but I don't see it as giving me too much. Upgrades are out of the question for me as very few hotels have smoking rooms which are not the most basic one being offered.