FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booked in P on a 2-class flight, itin shows "R Requested"
Old Dec 18, 2015, 5:20 pm
exerda
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
So far have been on the phone for nearly an hour. Reservations agent gets the ticket in sync after about 30 minutes and talking to his supervisor repeatedly, according to him, but drops both the P fare and the other segment's upgrade. He says, "But they'd never collected the fare difference; you'd have to pay the difference."

I said, "Yes, I told you that. I'm happy to pay the fare difference; I wasn't expecting it to be free."

He then transferred me to Web Support, who say, "We don't see a problem with the res," and I point out that it is now back in economy on the upgraded segment and the upfared one.

As soon as he looked at the ticket history: "Let me call my service desk."

They're now trying to replicate the upfare. I can do so on the web site myself, for $60 more than it was yesterday, but still an acceptable amount to me... if only they can get it to work at Web Support. (Because I am sure if I do it again online, it will just error out again, leaving me exactly back where I started.)

ETA: Web Support couldn't replicate the results, but while I had the guy on the phone, I said, "Mind if I try changing it myself again? If I break the ticket, you can fix it." Same error, but now the Web Support team had something to go on, and put me on hold for 15 more minutes investigating. Finally, they said, "How about we charge you $150, because we can't figure out how to charge you $160 or $229.50. I've wasted 45 minutes of your time and still don't have a great answer as to what's going on."

Now the ticket receipt shows a $150 "service charge" and the segment in P (and the other segment in R). My only fear is that when I go to check in at POS, they'll have some kind of issue given they never collected additional fare, just a service charge. Or that the underlying e-ticket is still in Y and not C (is that an issue when the receipt shows P?). Well, we'll see...

Last edited by exerda; Dec 18, 2015 at 5:54 pm Reason: Resolution?