FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:58 am
StartinSanDiego
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
I was approved for a Marriott card August 30th with more cards in the past 24 months than I can count. Probably at least 8 AA Exec cards alone, and I have multiple cards from 6 different banks.
I'm SO HAPPY! I just got the 100K BA card approved. I applied about 2 weeks ago, got the "call us now" message. I didn't call. The approval line said "we'll let you know in 30 days." This morning, it shows up on my Chase log in. WHOO HOOO! I have far more than 5/24. More like 5/3 or 15/24.

Mr San Diego was turned down for a Marriott recently, "too many lines of credit opened recently" cited as the reason. That was around the end of August. We also applied for a BA card for him on Dec 1, it went to pending, and it's still not showing up on the website. Here's hoping on that one.

My take is that the 5/24 is stringently applied in most, if not all, of the proprietary cards. The Inks always had the potential for a rigorous application vetting-- they stopped handing those out well over a year ago. The co-branded cards are tougher to get than they used to be, but worth applying for, and sooner, rather than later, if your long term miles earning plans involve lots of credit card applications.