FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United-Amtrak Codeshare FAQ - Including ZFV (Philadelphia)
Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:21 am
jthetzel

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
There is an agent and Quik Trak Machine at EWR and ZFV.
As of October 1, 2015, EWR is no longer staffed. Ticketing via Quik-Trak kiosk only ( http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conten..._Page&code=EWR ).

This can make the code share more difficult when connecting from United to Amtrak at Newark. Less experienced travellers or travellers with a complication arising must either call Amtrak customer service or hope for the best when speaking with the conductor on board.

I was recently able to easily switch to an earlier train by printing my original ticket, calling Amtrak customer service with the Amtrak ticket's reservation number, and having my ticket re-printed at the kiosk.

Note that with the new pet policy, the staff cancellation also means pets can't technically board at EWR, and customer support recently told me they could not add a pet to a code share ticket (or at least not one with Amtrak service originating at EWR; I have not tried ZFV-EWR). If you occasionally fly into Newark with small, furry mammals, their accommodation on the Northeast Regional will be at the discretion of the conductor.