FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Suzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:33 am
Globehopper

Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Anyone have any experience/stays with this hotel care to comment? Rates seem a tad bit higher than what comparable hotels in the area are offering. How's breakfast and any luck with using a DSU?

Just had a nice stay within the past month. At that time, I was a Platinum member (now Diamond). The hotel is nicely maintained and has an excellent location adjacent to the Times Square Station of the Suzhou Metro. The hotel is located in a new corporate park area, outside of the historic center. Across the street is nice, upscale shopping mall with some several interesting places to eat.

As Platinum, I was upgraded to my choice of a larger corner room or a slightly smaller room with a better view. I was able to get Club Lounge access, and it is located on the hotel's highest floor. They serve a substantial breakfast with hot and cold items, Chinese and Western foods buffet style. During the late afternoon Happy Hour they serve a combination of hot and cold food along with complimentary drinks. During both the morning and afternoon service, they also have a menu card where you can order additional cooked-to-order items brought to your table.

At the time of booking I had higher elite status with Starwood, but I selected this hotel because of its good metro access and the fact that it is not just a lone hotel stuck in the middle of nowhere; there are other food venues and activities located nearby.

For this vacation stay, I used cash & points which I thought was good value. I would return the next time I'm in Suzhou.