FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Doing Status Matches on Twitter! (11/19/15)
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:20 pm
fakeman

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by ATWBY2020
This is what i have received after follow-up of initial platinum status match email

For me Concierge or lounge access is important and i believe Platinum doesn't have access in HYATT , correct me if i am wrong

Second - with Chase CC , i can get platinum , So nothing great with status match offer

I have asked for any option for fast track to reach diamond , see what they have to say
Thanks

----------------
Thank you so much for reaching out to Gold Passport Customer Service regarding the recent tier match request.

I have reviewed all of your attachments and correspondences with my colleagues. The match to Diamond has been restricted to SPG Platinum members who have had at least 20 nights in the past year only. If you had submitted your information prior to 12:00 PM CST on 11/20/15 other elite member's from the competing hotels were given Diamond status if we received the documentation prior to 12:00 PM CST. Our corporate office made the decision to restrict who was eligible for Diamond status and who was eligible for Platinum status as these are our elite statuses. Upon my research, we received the documentation from you after 12:00 PM CST which is why you are not eligible for the Diamond Tier Upgrade.

It is my pleasure to inform you that we have upgraded your account to Platinum until February 2017. You will begin to enjoy the many benefits of the Platinum tier status such as guaranteed availability 72 hours prior to arrival, best room within the category booked, as well as 15% bonus points per stay among many other wonderful benefits.

You may maintain this tier going forward by completing 5 eligible stays or 15 qualifying nights between January 1 – December 31, 2016.

We are always evaluating our offers based on the needs of our guests and business needs and we are always exploring new options for the future to help make maintaining status more exciting. Please check back after the first of the year as there may be new tier trials or promotions available.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Hyatt Gold Passport Representative
Global Contact Centre
So this means after 11/20, even I have 20 nights stay in other hotel chain group, we still can't get Diamond?