FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:14 pm
gspurr

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by twoaisleplane
Some might say it's not worth the money, but if you're willing to spend $50 on club passes, maybe spend a little more and take the $99 day rate at the Marriott on the airport grounds.

Includes wifi and gym access. But of course you would need to leave time to reclear security.
The Marriott idea is good, but I wouldn't do it unless you can cancel without penalty. Dec 23rd from YUL to EWR isn't a flight I would feel comfortable about being on time. Those 8 hours could turn to 5 or 6 and with security it's not really worth it. While the United Club in Terminal A is less crowded it is much smaller. Also, you can only go to one Club on a pass so you should probably go to the one closest to your gate in Termincal C so you can check to make sure that when you leave the club that your flight will be on time as you won't be able to return to the club. That said, I would still ask nicely to the lounge dragons when you leave if you could return if for some reason your flight gets a last minute delay.