FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Musings -- LH and LX to and from Asia // A380 business class // connecting via FRA
Old Dec 10, 2015, 6:15 am
pdsuk

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
Musings -- LH and LX to and from Asia // A380 business class // connecting via FRA

Just completed a trip -- we would normally take LX from London to Asia but on this occasion came back via FRA on LH's A380.

-- meal service: much has been made about LH's "new style" however I think it is a bit of a faff and I feel sorry for the CC. Frankly speaking it did not enhance the meal or the service and I am sure that CC will eventually end up with backache as they try to stretch over to the window PAX to layout the table for the window seat. My vote is they keep it simple and go back to the LX approach and use trays for the basic plating up and then bring the mains from the galley

-- food: got to say that the complete meal on LX today was very flavoursome and this from someone who is not a fan of airline food. The starter on LH was also very flavoursome however the main was what I would expect (a bit "meh")

-- seats: still love LX, in particular the K seats. I have tried the throne but I remain convinced that the K seats are the ones to go for. Surprisingly, I was quite impressed with the LH seat and slept for about a good 7 to 8 hours. However I still prefer LX

-- SENhood: I have never been one that was particularly interested in being fawned over onboard (apart from when LX give you your first meal choice). However the LX crew were particularly on the ball on this trip about "welcoming me back" and they were very good to my OH and extended the same courtesies. On reflection, this is important to me as I have a a very understanding OH who puts up with my hectic work travel schedule and I suppose it recognises that SENhood requires sacrifice / whatever you call it from more than the cardholder

-- FRA vs ZRH: I continue to find FRA the most god awful place to transit and this from someone that kind of knows how to do it. Give me ZRH any day, indeed (and I have said this in the past) I find LHR and the new terminals much "easier" than FRA

-- A380: still love it, so quiet and an awe inspiring feat of engineering

-- lounges: LX should be totally and utterly ashamed on the SEN lounge at the A gates, it is an absolute disgrace and much much too small. They need to seriously raise their game on this, I know they are building a new one by the E gates in ZRH but that does not mean they will have addressed the size issue with the SEN lounge at the A gates. In a nutshell, sort it out boys and girls. I was historically a fan of the BA lounge concept and must say that the "new" SEN lounge concept is up there with that (in my humble opinion)

Last edited by pdsuk; Dec 10, 2015 at 6:20 am