FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777 New Cabins - Deployment Schedule
View Single Post
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:36 pm
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Clay Clayton
Despite AF's continual posting of updated information on where BEST will be flying that never includes IAH, my 777-200 flight in mid April to CDG continues to show as 1-2-1 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be the case.

A couple of questions:
Presuming we do end up with BEST, are we better off in the larger front cabin (7 rows) or the cabin behind the galley (3 rows)? Normally, the smaller the cabin the more I like it but Seat guru shows three rows of premium economy immediately behind the J seats so basically they are the same size if there isn't really any separation. They don't show a divider, can anyone confirm this is the case? If so, might be 10 hours of angry looks!

IF we end up with the old seats, what is the best way to improve our changes of not getting a middle seat? Currently we have 4e & 4f, would we be better off to change to 4a & 4e if the change happens? Or is it all a shot in the dark? I am just trying to keep from having a repeat of my last AF trip, where after checking for almost a year to make sure we didn't loose our preferred seats, to have an equipment change on check in day and since we were on originally on the upper deck of a plane but the new plane didn't have those seats, we ended up stuck in middle seats.

Thanks in advance!
AFIK, AF only announced their plans for the winter season (as shown in their document "Deploiement BEST", and even that is not fully reliable.
I am not aware of a document where they announce their plan for the summer season (starting 27 March 2016), but others might have it if it exists.

Apparently, AF is planning to change the ac to IAH from the current 332 to a 772 (with BEST) on 27 March. Whether this will be confirmed in a few months is always open to question, but that seems the current plan.
So, good luck.

If they keep the 332, you will end up with two central seats 4E&F (332 is 2x2x2), that is not bad.
If they change to an "old" 777, then you might end up with a middle and aisle seat. Then you probably want to try to get a window/aisle seat.

But I fully agree with all the points made by Goldorak. Just wait and see, but check periodically. To me the middle of the front cabin is fine because you are likely to be far from crying babies.