FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2015, 6:45 am
DVDBob

Originally Posted by Radster
My local Kate was clogged with MSers last night (first time Ive seen such congestion). I patiently waited my turn (and respected the velocity limits). When I finally got to load, a WM employee saddled up beside me and said "you know you cant load using prepaid cards". I pleaded ignorance and cancelled the latest transaction (and relocated to complete in-person loads). There is ZERO chance she saw what card(s) I was using. They are obviously just very aware of what is going on when they see people occupying Kate for extended periods (and/or milling around in the vicinity). I'll avoid in this MC and Kate in the future.
A couple of WMs near me are getting wise to the prepaid cards limitation so I've been trying to go to other WMs. Went to one last night that had a Kate with an Out of Order sign on it, but the screen and buttons seemed to work OK. I had already completed my loads for the night so I couldn't test it out, but will try here next month. Might also have to try the Bank Card switch-a-roo trick if they all start to catch on.