FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:25 am
OldPainless

Originally Posted by BananaPeppers
Had an interesting encounter with a patient today...who worked at Walmart customer service.

I asked her nonchalantly about the Amex Serve and loading. She told me that as long as it is a debit card (with a pin), it can be loaded onto the Amex serve.

I asked her "what about gift cards?"
She said "YA giftcards can be swiped into the Amex Serve card. Like I had a guy yesterday that came in and wanted to put $100 from the gift card to his Amex. We can do that no problem as long as it is a pin. We get people like this everyday so it's not a big deal."
I then asked her "What about buying gift cards? Can you do that at Wal mart?"
"Yeah, we have different denominations from $50-$500."
I asked "Are you allowed to use a credit card to buy these gift cards?"
"NO YOU CAN'T! It has to be cash or debit only to buy gift cards. The reason why is credit takes 2-3 days to transfer the money while debit is instant. We don't allow gift cards to be purchased by using credit cards."

I quickly then changed the subject to her treatment plan. Has buying gift cards at Walmart been that difficult? I don't recall anyone really struggling buying the cards there.
BananaPeppers, it is really important that you do not ask those questions to reps in any store. Hopefully having read other MS thread Wikis, you already know the answers to the questions you asked and the possible repercussions for asking a CSR about MS. Any interaction in-store is to be kind and cooperative, nothing like that "rant" above by chippy111. Try what you have read, if it doesnt work, kindly leave and try somewhere else. It just isn't helpful in the long-run for anyone involved to do otherwise.

Last edited by OldPainless; Dec 4, 2015 at 3:54 am