FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric Key West Resort & Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:49 pm
harbourxie

Stayed 2 nights here during Thxgiving break. Here are a few comments:

1. Room - booked ADA double room (only one available for points) and upgraded to partial ocean view double room on top floor. The room has good size and the bathroom feels spacious, and it has a small balcony with a table with a pair of chairs. The decorations and finishes of the room are average for a resort. However, they put a countertop-like thing along the wall and the beds are set next to the countertop-like thing. No headboard for the bed!! My son likes to jump on the bed and knocked into that countertop-like thing 2 times! AND IT HURTS REALLY BAD! Poor kid.... That design is not very child-friendly.

2. Food - (a) Breakfast is free for Diamond. Front desk will give you a small card, stating that each person can get 1 coffee, 1 juice and 1 entry for breakfast for free. It is NOT the case! As Diamond, we got a little bit more than that and no breakfast charges show on the final bill. (b) We also got a coupon (15% 1st use, 20% 2nd, and 25% after) for the restaurant during check-in; since we like the breakfast a lot, we decided to try the restaurant "SHOR" for dinner. And it was very good! Plus, we can eat outside, on the porch, with a great view of the sea!

3. Service - (a) There were many hairs (more than 10) on the bed the first night! So we have to ask them to change the sheets (the hotel was sold out and no other rooms available that night). We can still find a few hairs on the new sheet! So after thanks to the staff, we recommended the hotel get some newer washers/dryers. (2) There are resorts fee, but not charged for awards stay; the resort fee includes self-parking; (3) The resort has more than 2 dozen turtles in their ponds, and 1 beautiful parrot - the kids love them! (4) the resort has its private beach but it is just too small and my son decided to just play in the hotel pool, which has decent size.

4. Location - Key West is small, but I still think the resort location is pretty good. Duval street and Mallory Square are just 2 or 3 blocks away.

5. Overall - Pretty good experience for the whole family except for the hairs on beds.